Tuesday 5 July 2011

Get well...

Firstly, I would like to say thank you very much for the lovely comments I received on my previous card, I really appreciate it, and it definitely boosted my confidence level, as I still consider myself a fairly new crafter :)

On to today's project! This card gave me the opportunity to try some new products and techniques that I haven't used before, and I have to say, I am really happy with how it turned out!

The image is Vintage Ladies Collection, coloured with Copics, and I have paper-pieced her dress.

The papers (background and her dress) are Graphic 45 Le Romantique, as well as maroon and white cardstock. I have used my Martha Stewart Scalloped Edge punch on the background paper.

The tag was stamped with Hero Arts Art, Life & Beauty stamp, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, and then DI-ed around the edges in the same ink.

I have finished it off with some lace, pearls, a metal coil and Capella Micro Mono stickers. I have also Distress Inked all the edges. FYI, the DI bled slightly on my Xpress Blend It card, but otherwise worked well.

Here is a close-up of the stamped image


And here is a close-up of my tag. I'm actually really proud of this tag, as it is the first time I have successfully distress-inked :)
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Mojo Monday 198 - sketch challenge
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Week 110 Free and Easy July
One Stop Craft Challenge - Week 138 Tag You're It

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Jess Looks like you have really taken to distressing & aging can I suggest you visit my friend Sue's blog for more inspiration not that you need any you have done a fantastic job. Thank you for sharing with us at OSCC, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful elegant card.
    Thanks for playing Free & Easy with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh my how lovely is this!!! And I adore her umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly sophisticated card, great image expertly paper-pieced! Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab card and love the distressed tag it looks amazing. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hope to see you again for the next one, hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! That image is just fabulous. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete