Friday 29 July 2011

Smiley Girl

So I have been AWOL for a litle while... My bad :) But now I have two layouts for you today, one scrapbook page and one card...

This scrapbook layout is of my youngest daughter Grace. I'm really trying to steer away from "cutesy" as my kids get older (okay, she's 1, but you can only do "nursery newborn" layouts for so long :) ). So I decided to make it really bright and funky, to match the feel of the photos.



The little photos in the corner are leftovers from the exploding boxes I posted earlier. It was so hard to choose photos for those boxes, so I decided to keep them for future pages :) I have matted them onto a Cheery Lynn "French Pastry" doily die that I purchased through Lime Tart.

The journalling next to the doily die was made using my label maker (yes, I cheated, but it makes the journalling stand out from the busy page, plus it's an economical way to journal :) )


The Title "Smiley Girl" was made using Echo Park "Dots and Stripes" alpha stickers, matted in cardstock punched with the MArtha Stewart Lacy Edged punch (I used the corner punch to make it more ornate), and chopboard letters inked and coated with Dimensional Magic for shine.



The rest of the materials used were:

Kaisercraft "Fun In The Sun" papers, rhinestones and droplets
Blossoms and Butterflies Chipboard Ornaments
Sassafras entwined blooms

Thanks for stopping by today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment