Tuesday 5 March 2013

Creative Card Crew: Challenge 31

Welcome to my first project as part of the Creative Card Crew design team! This fortnight's challenge is 'Ribbon', and our sponsor for the challenge is Delicious Doodles


I was spoiled for choice with the lovely images, so I have made 2 cards. The first is an easel card using the lovely Fae



This image is perfect for tweens/teens/young adults, who can be tough to make cards for at the best of times, when cutesy images just don't cut it anymore. What I also liked about Fae, is that it is a great image for beginner colourers and advanced colourers alike, as it is a great image to practice hair and faces.

I've used two lots of ribbon on my card; some ruffled pink ribbon to frame the image, and I have wrapped some silver lacey ribbon around the top panel of my card a few times, to create enough thickness to layer the gorgeous little dress pin on the card.

A close-up of the image:



Inside my card:


The flower on the front is a Prima flower, the papers are Lillibean, cardstock is Bazzill and Stampin' Up! Punches are Martha Stewart and Stampin' Up! Sentiment is Stampin' Up! Dies used are Nestabilities Grand Labels 1.



My second card is the very ethereal Lycaonia, and I went for a more masculine card. I think the addition of the wolves to this image do make the card suitable for men.

 
 
Now where is the ribbon? I used ribbon on this card in the corner to create stripes to co-ordinate with the fab My Minds' Eye paper I used. Unfortunately, I didn't have any masculine ribbon that would match, so I've used white ribbon and coloured it in with Stampin' Up! Basic Grey marker, as that is the grey cardstock I've used.
 
I wanted a greyscale card to really make Lycaonia pop. Here is a close-up:
 


A close-up of the ribbon:



So pop on over to Creative Card Crew and show us how you use ribbon on your card!

Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment