Tuesday 9 July 2013

On your graduation

A non-DT card, a rare occurrence these days ;)

This card is for my sister, who has just completed her Certificate III in Visual Art Design. I was lucky enough to check out her exhibition, and was blown away by her artwork. She had used melted crayons, canvas and paint to create an abstract series entitled "The Seven Deadly Sins". It was really beautiful. I have used this gorgeous Saturated Canary image, as it was the most artsy one I had.



She is so much fun to colour! I was a little intimidated at first, due to the multiple layers of clothing, but I just can't wait to colour her up again, as I have so many more ideas!

The sketch is from Sketch Saturday.

Here are the links to the challenges I am entering:

Saturated Canary - Challenge 47: Celebration
Sketch Saturday - Week 266 (my second entry)

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I will have a few more projects to post soon!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Jess, beautifully colored. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday. Hope to see you again soon. ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely Jess!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week and good luck!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jess. Thanks for joining our challenge over on Saturated Canary.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete