Monday 14 April 2014

Once upon a springtime

Oh my gosh, it feels like forever since I blogged! Life has been crazy here with so many things going on; we moved, our second daughter started preschool, just to name a few :) Thankfully, we have settled into a routine, and now I'm back crafting and blogging!

Today's card is for the a challenge over at my old stomping ground, Creative Card Crew. The challenge this fortnight is 'Spring' - the direct link is at the bottom of this post. We are currently in Autumn in Australia, but these papers are really "Spring-y", as evidenced by the name, lol.

Here is my project, birthday party invitations for a joint birthday party for two of my daughters (both April babies)



The papers I have used are Graphic 45 - Once upon a springtime. These papers were one of the first paper pads I ever bought, and I have used it very sparingly, lol. All my girls love fairies, so these papers were the perfect choice for the invites, and somehow I have managed to spread the theme across the board, so we are now having a fairy party.

The stamps I have used are Magnolia - You are invited, and Stampin'  Up! Nature Walk and Hip Notes.

The inks I have used are all Stampin'  Up!; Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Old Olive.

I have also used a 1" circle punch, Stampin'  Up! Decorative Label punch, Stampin'  Up! Banner Framelits die, and Stampin'  Up! Early Espresso taffeta ribbon. I adhered the ribbon to the insert with my trusty old stapler, as I love the rustic finish it gives!

Here is the direct link to the challenge:

Creative Card Crew - Challenge 59: Spring

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I mean't Creative Card Crew. Lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work - beautiful project! Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete