Monday 28 July 2014

Dreams have wings

Todays card features a number of techniques I learned during a recent stamp camp with one of my favourite stamp designers; Rachel Greig, from Darkroom Door. It was an amazing weekend where I learned so many new skills!

For the background (on the rear panel) I have used Adirondack alcohol inks and colourless blender to create the "tie-dyed" effect on glossy card.

On the front panel I have used the same inks (except I added pink sherbert), but I have used Stampin'  Up! Whisper White cardstock, which is a matte card. I found it so interesting how different the same technique looked on two difference types of cardstock. Over this, I have used Distress Stain Picket Fence inked on to Darkroom Door French Script stamp, and then stamped haphazardly over the cardstock. I finished with a selection of butterflies and a sentiment from the Darkroom Door Wings stamped on with Versafine Onyx.

Both panels are matted on to black Bazzill card.


Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to pop back later this week, we have a new challenge over at Creative Card Crew, and I will also post pictures of the projects I made at Stamp Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment