Monday 1 September 2014

Creative Card Crew - Chalenge #69 Chalkboard

I am unfortunately a little late posting my card for this challenge, thanks to a roll of frustrating internet troubles, grrr... but fortunately I managed to get my card up in time with the team for this fortnights challenge at Creative Card Crew.

This fortnights theme is Chalkboard, and our sponsor is


Dies R Us
Prize $10 Gift Voucher



Honestly, I could kick myself for not trying this amazing ink any sooner. I was worried it would be very shmooshy (hey, it's a real word ;) ) and unfit for a card. Boy was I wrong! The result is chalky, yet so crisp! After I stamped my sentiment, I swiped my little pad across the cardstock to give it a real "chalkboard" feel. I have to admit, finding the ink pad for AUS $1 at my local craft fair recently definitely helped my enthusiasm for giving this technique a go :)



I have made a little easel card (not unlike the card in my blog header), using the Spellbinders Lacy Ovals die, and Large Ovals die. I have distressed all the edges with my distressing tool and Black Soot DI (plus the chalkboard ink for the black cardstock).

The papers and cardstock are Stampin'  Up! Coastal Cabana (one of the new In Colour colours)

The little banner has been cut using the La La Lands Heart Banners die - wow that die was a hard find, but so worth it!

The sentiment is a Stamp It stamp - I love stamps with interesting and unique quotes :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! I can't wait to pop around and check out all the lovely chalkboard-inspired projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment