Monday 1 September 2014

Oh, she of many hats

While my internet is playing nice ("get NBN" they said! "It's fantastic" they said. Fibbers.), I thought I would post some pics of other crafty projects I have been doing this year.

Yep, I started quilting. I have never been good with a sewing machine, but I got given one for my birthday earlier this year (at my request). I'm attempting the Sampler Quilt from the Art Of Quilting magazine, that I spent approximately a year collecting before I dared to start sewing. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoy quilting, except for the pressing. Why does ironing have to suck the fun out of everything?! I have been buying up a storm this year, and have already acquired a large pile of fabric, so expect quite a few sewing posts this year :)

 
 
Now here is a craft I am a little better versed in; crochet. Check out Bella Coco, her fab You Tube clips break it all down so that even the most elementary of crocheters can master a granny square ad create a beautiful blanket. I am in the process of crocheting a granny square blanket as well as a family snuggle blanket. Stay tuned, but don't wait with abated breath for pics of the finished products, I am the master of the UFOs! I have partially completed projects dating back 20 years or so!

 
This scarf was so quick and easy to knock up! It's called the Everybody Scarf and you can find the You Tube link here. I managed to whip up this bad boy in only a few days, and it is around 5 feet long. Such a beautiful stitch, and so simple to do
 
.
My original craft! I first learned to knit when I was 4, my great grandmother taught me. I still remember the first little dusky pink patch I knitted with her. This particular scarf was the bane of my life while I knitted it. Compared to crochet, knitting seems to take so long! Mind you, this scarf was approximately 40 stitches wide, and longer than my 4 year old is tall :) My two older daughers were putting in orders for winter gear, so I was knitting scarves and beanies like there was no tomorrow.



Well, there you have it! A few projects I have been working on this year. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment