Monday 18 July 2016

Crafty Boots Challenges - Picture Inspiration challenge

Welcome back to a great challenge at Crafty Boots Challenges! This fortnight our theme is to use a picture as your inspiration.

Here is the picture


At first I was stumped as to what to do, but after a weekend at Stamp Camp, hosted by the super talented Teresa Abajo I came home with so much creative mojo (cro-jo?) that I dove right in, and decided to use the colours as my inspiration.

Here is my card


I have only played with mixed media at home, once or twice, but I am really happy with how this turned out! This weekend we have painted, distressed, stencilled, gessoed, crayoned, texture pasted, spritzed, sploshed and splashed. I'm fairly certain that nearly every one of those techniques is on this card!

The stencils used are punchinella (from our kit) and a few of the Tim Holtz tag stencils.
I have used gesso, as well as green, yellow, blue and red paint with a scraper, some torn out pages glued underneath the paint, and to finish I have used a Darkroom Door stamp, and a sentiment from one of the Dina Wakley sentiment sheets.

I have used XPress It blending card as my mixed media base (how did I not know before that this was such a good cardstock for other things besides Copic colouring?!), mounted on to black card, and a thick white card base.

Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to see how you interpret the picture :)

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I am just loving this new you. It is a whole side of you Crafty Boots has not seen before and I cannot wait to see more of it.

    Dionne xx

    ReplyDelete